If you snore you could be due benefit worth £173 a week – how to claim

IF you’ve got a medical condition with snoring as a symptom – you could be eligible for a benefit that’s worth £173 a week.

Snoring is commonly associated with being a harmless act but if yours is the result of sleep apnea you could get a cash boost.


Sleep apnea could make you eligible for PIP paymentsCredit: Getty

According to experts, some people with sleep apnea could be eligible to receive the personal independence payment (PIP) every week.

PIP is a benefit paid to people with long-term physical or mental health conditions of disabilities.

The payment can boost your income by thousands of pounds a year, and you can be eligible whether you are in work or not.

There are two elements to PIP: a daily living part if you need help with everyday tasks, and a mobility part if you need help with getting around.

But in total the payments can be worth up to £172.75 a week, so if you don’t claim it already, check to see if you’re eligible.

The DWP says that while there is no specific list of conditions which entitles people to PIP, the impact it has on your daily life could mean you are eligible.

What is PIP?

Millions suffering from long-term health conditions or disabilities get extra cash help through personal independence payments (PIP).

You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are getting most other benefits.

The payments can be worth up to £172.75 a week, so if you don’t claim it already, check to see if you’re eligible.

PIP is available to those aged 16 or over but no fresh claims can be made if you’ve reached the State Pension age.

See also  A stunning optical illusion reveals whether you're always late or looking for love. So, who are you?

The current state pension age is 66 but this is set to rise to 68.

Crucially, you must also have a health condition or disability where you either have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for three months, and you expect these difficulties to continue for at least nine months (unless you’re terminally ill with less than 12 months to live).

Difficulties with daily living can include:

  • Preparing or eating food
  • Washing, bathing and using the toilet
  • Dressing and undressing
  • Reading and communicating
  • Managing your medicines or treatments
  • Making decisions about money
  • Engaging with other people

You can claim PIP at the same time as other benefits, except the armed forces independence payment.

If you receive constant attendance allowance you will receive less of the daily living part of PIP.

If you get war pensioners’ mobility supplement you will not get the mobility part of PIP.

How do I apply for PIP?

You can make a new Personal Independence Payment (PIP) claim by calling the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on 0800 917 2222.

There are also other ways to claim if you find it difficult to use a telephone. See Gov.uk for more information.

When you claim, you’ll need the following information:

  • your contact details
  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number
  • bank or building society account number and sort code
  • your doctor or health worker’s name
  • address and telephone number,
  • dates and addresses for any time you’ve spent abroad, in a care home or hospital

Someone else can call on your behalf, but you’ll need to be with them when they call.

See also  All you need to know about the Premier League Darts

You’ll then be sent a form to fill in, after which you’ll be invited for an assessment or your health or social care worker will be asked for information.

After this, you’ll be sent a letter telling you if your claim has been successful.

You can read Citizens Advice’s help on preparing for an assessment guide on its website.

If you apply for PIP and are unsuccessful you can appeal a decision.

Categories: Optical Illusion
Source: newstars.edu.vn

Rate this post

Leave a Comment