Many people hide things like apps on their iPhone and keep them from being visible to the public. And if you’re the type of person who likes to keep certain things to themselves or prefer a neat app homepage, read on.
While there are several ways to hide apps on iPhone, such as using third-party apps, not all of them are secure. Because it can ensure the safety of your data. So, in case of hiding apps on iPhone, we have quite simple methods that we will discuss in the article.
Jump right into it and catch the rolling ball!
Can you hide apps on iPhone?
If you’re wondering if it’s possible to hide apps on iPhone, it’s entirely possible. You can hide apps on iPhone both ways – directly through the built-in options or by using any third-party app.
Hiding apps on iPhone is no big deal if you know how to do it right. So without further waiting, let’s start the steps and see the different methods to hide apps on iPhone.
Ways to hide apps on iPhone
For some reason, many people want to hide their apps. And if you’re one of them, we’re here to tell you everything.
There are basically two ways to hide apps on iPhone without using third party apps. So let’s get started with the steps for both methods below.
Use the map
If you want to hide apps on iPhone with folders, the steps are quite simple.
- Open your iPhone’s home screen.
- Now press and hold the app you want to hide.
- Then select the Edit Home screen option.
- After an app starts scrolling, long-press the selected app and drag it over any other apps you want to hide.
- Once the apps are connected, touch and hold the app, and then scroll to the right. This will create a new page in the folder.
- The app will no longer show up on your iPhone’s home screen.
You can hide apps on your iPhone using the steps above. However, if this method seems a bit complicated to you, there is another method that also uses the App Gallery on iPhone to hide apps on iPhone.
Through the app gallery
In addition to hiding apps using folders, you can also hide apps on iPhone through the App Gallery. To find out, follow the steps below:
- Go to the iPhone home screen.
- Now go to the app you want to hide and long press on it, select Remove app.
- Then select the option Remove from Home screen.
The app will now be successfully removed, thus hidden from your home screen as you can still access it from the app gallery. If you also want to hide apps from your App Store history, read on.
Steps to hide apps from App Store history
Just like you can hide apps on iPhone, from the home screen in different ways, you can also hide apps from App Store history. To find out how, follow the steps below:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone and click your profile icon.
- Then select Purchased.
- Then find the app you want to hide and swipe left, tap Hide. Then click Done.
The app will now also be successfully hidden from your App Store history. If you want to know how to find hidden apps on your iPhone, follow the steps provided in the next section.
If you’ve hidden an app or multiple apps on your iPhone and can’t find them on your home screen and now want to find them, use the methods below.
- Go to the app library on your iPhone.
- Now click on the search bar and enter the name of the app you are looking for.
💡 Tips: Instead of typing the app name, you can ask Siri to do it for you and the results will appear.
- If you still have an app on your iPhone but it doesn’t appear on the home screen, it’s in the app library.
This way you will be able to find the hidden app(s) on your iPhone. However, the app(s) won’t appear if you’ve previously deleted or uninstalled them.
Frequently asked questions
Can you hide apps on iPhone without deleting them?
A: Yes, you can easily hide apps on your iPhone without deleting them. Simply follow the given steps:
- First, long press the app you want to hide and move it to any other app.
- Now a folder will be created with a name that you can change later.
- Then drag that app to the right and it will be moved to a new page in the same folder.
Now your app will be successfully hidden from home page without deleting.
Is it possible to hide apps on iPad like on iPhone?
A: Yes, apps on iPad can be hidden in the same way as on iPhone because its settings are mostly the same.
Got a hidden folder on iPhone?
A: There is a hidden photos folder in the Photos app on iPhone/iPad where all your hidden photos are stored.
Can you hide apps from iPhone search results?
A: To hide apps from search results on iPhone, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Open settings.
- Access Siri and Search.
- Now scroll down and select the app you want to hide.
- Disable the toggle for the “Show apps in search” option.
By following the steps above, you should be able to hide apps from search results on your iPhone.