Kufre Carter, who works with XL 109.6FM in Uyo, the capital of Akwa, admitted to raising 500,000 naira from the state government to stop the EndSARS protest in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
Mr Kufre is screaming after being taken off Twitter for raising 4 million naira from Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel to stop the EndSARS protest in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
“I kept wondering where they got the information that I got N4 million when actually I got N500k,” Kufre Carter said through his Facebook post.
Remember that Sowore said on Wednesday that some Nigerians made billions of naira in negotiations to stop nationwide protests against police brutality.
A viral video seen by NEWSTARS Education.com shows the moment EndSARS protesters humiliate Akwa Ibom State Governor Emmanuel Udom, calling him ‘Yahoo boy’ at the scene when the governor gave money to Kufre Carter, who was running the protest.
The aforementioned Kufre Carter, a journalist with XL 106.9 FM Uyo in Akwa Ibom state, was arrested by the DSS earlier this year for allegedly defaming Dominic Ukpong, the state’s Health Commissioner.
This is where he wrote on Facebook
“Good evening ladies and gentlemen. There was a lot of talk about me after the SARS protest on Tuesday. I have been inundated with calls from officials asking where the 4 million naira that the governor supposedly gave me for the protests on Tuesday is. ”.
The rest resorted to online arguments and insults. Well, I want to categorically state the facts about money like this:
1. Half an hour after the Governor finished addressing the protesters, I received a call from SSA Youth Affairs to come to Eni Stores with two (2) people from the protest area. I made a commitment.
2. Upon my arrival I was informed that His Excellency had delivered the sum of four (4) million naira and explained the distribution formula: (i) 2 million for “Jóvenes Uyo” and 2 million for the four (4) blocks of protest organizers (for which he knew that I was one of those who organized said protest).
3. I was given five hundred thousand naira (500,000) with specific instructions on how to distribute it, which I distributed to five people. 4. With this money came the warning that the information should be as discreet as possible and I accepted that this was the reason for my initial denial, which I very much regretted.
5. Two days after that, I kept receiving threats even from my friends asking me to present the 4m given by the governor. I kept wondering where they got the information that I got 4 million, when in fact I got 500,000.
6. I have managed to build a reputation around my name that I would rather die than let anything or anyone ruin it. No one is irreplaceable when it comes to protecting my name and reputation.
7. I hereby apologize to everyone I disappointed with my actions on Tuesday. This is my first time and I have certainly learned my lessons. Very sorry.
8. For the people who didn’t waste time throwing tantrums, I deserve it and I have nothing against you. If nothing else, this case showed me that no one cares about you. They are only interested in what you have to offer. no one has friends ;-; .
9. Again, sorry to disappoint you all and if I could go back in time I definitely would have done things differently but it’s too late for that right?
10. To my friends who went through hell defending me and who decided to listen to their side of the story, I thank you and appreciate your goodwill. In this regard, I declare that I have never received 4 million from anyone for any purpose and I stand by it. Thanks, I digress! #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality Virgin Kufre Carter 17102020″