– Main operations:-
Discord is one of the most popular platforms to connect with many like-minded communities. A VoIP, instant messaging and digital delivery platform, Discord is designed specifically for users to communicate via voice calls, video calls, or exchange texts, media and files during calls private chat. Apart from these useful features, this messaging app offers many other features that other chat platforms don’t have. One of the recently added useful features is Spoiler Tag.
- 1 What is the spoiler tag for?
- 2 How to add spoiler tags to Discord on desktop?
- 3 How to add spoiler tags on Discord on mobile?
- 4 How to disable Spoiler Tag on Discord?
What is the spoiler tag for?
If you’ve never used spoiler tags, they can be very useful if you regularly participate in Discord conversations.
Has anyone ever revealed the excitement or suspense of a movie to you before you saw it? That’s why the spoiler tags appear so no one can spoil the suspense of the movie or anything else without your permission.
You are discussing a movie or something that might spoil the fun of others in the community. You can prevent this by adding a spoiler tag to the suspenseful message or image you’ll send to the chat server.
Using a spoiler tag with a message or image will black out its content so that no one can see it except those who click on the highlighted message. By clicking on the message you will see the content.
Here’s what the spoiler tag looks like:
The message section highlighted here is created using the spoiler tag. So you can also use the spoiler tag for the whole message or just part of it.
You can easily add spoiler tags to the text and images you submit on Discord using the information below.
To add a spoiler tag to a text message, you can follow the methods listed below:
- The easiest way to mark an SMS message or part of it as a spoiler is to highlight the text and click the eye icon. This will mark the highlight as a spoiler.
- After marking text as a spoiler, you’ll see two lines at the beginning and end of the selected text.
- In the chat server, type ‘/spoiler’, followed by your message, then press ‘Enter’.
|For example, type “/spoiler Wumpus McWumperton dies in the next season of Discord High”This will highlight your message as shown in the image below:|
- Alternatively, you can add two vertical lines at the top and bottom of the message and the message will be displayed as a spoiler.
|For example, type “||this is the message||” and this will also mark your message as spoiler.|
So you can add a spoiler tag to your text messages, and anyone who wants to read it from the Discord community has to click on it; this will remove the black envelope from the text message and the content will be visible.
Add spoilers to Discord images or attachments
Spoiler tags can also be applied to images or attachments that you send to Discord servers. The steps above will not work in this case and you will be given the option to mark the images or attachments as disclosing while uploading them.
To add a spoiler tag to an image or attachment via the Discord website or the desktop app:
- Drag and drop the file you want to send to the chat server, or click the (+) sign next to the chat bar.
- You’ll see a preview of the attachment before sending it in the chat.
- You’ll see a “Mark as spoiler” checkbox to hide the image or attachment after it’s sent, then click the “Upload” button.
- Once the image is sent, it will appear in a hidden Discord with a spoiler tag. A person who wants to view an image or file must click on the image. This will remove the spoiler tag and display the contents of the image or file.
If you want to mark a link as spoiler, just add two bars before and after the URL of the link as shown in the image below:
You can also mark your text as spoiler on Discord using the same Markdown syntax that works on desktop.
- Text- Wrap your text in strips || like this|| and spoiler tag will be automatically added when you post it.
- Links – To turn a link into a spoiler, place the link in the bars
To mark your text as revealing, select the text in the text box and tap it to open the menu; Tap Mark as spoiler to wrap the selected text into strips, and once published, the text will appear with the spoiler tag.
This is how you can mark spoiler on discord mobile spoiler images
Note- Spoiler tags can only be added to images or attachments through the Discord website or the Discord app for Windows or Mac, not in the mobile app.
How to disable Spoiler Tag on Discord?
If you’re not afraid of vandals and want to disable the feature, you can choose from several options:
- First, go to User Preferences > Text and Images
Note- You can only disable the Tag Spoiler feature in the Desktop/Browser app. You cannot hide spoiler tags on Discord with your cell phone.
- In the “Show spoiler content” section, you can control when spoiler content is displayed.
- On click – Will show spoiler content only when you click on it.
- On servers I moderate – you have a role when message management is on
- Always- This will turn off spoiler tags completely and all content will be displayed.